Monday, December 28, 2009

candid camera

I talked guilted a friend and co-worker into posing for portraits for me. I warned him in advance that the creeper force is strong with me. He sort of shrugged it off saying people are less likely to bug you in groups. I knew better, but I didn't argue. I figured I'd have proof on my side soon enough!

We met in the River Market, because there's tons of backdrops, and it's close to his apartment. I text saying I was at a coffee shop waiting. I realized the place was closed after I sent the text. So I sat there for a few minutes hoping I wouldn't be kicked out.

When Raney walked in he said hello from across the room. I smiled and said hello back. Mostly happy he got there before I was asked to leave. We talked for a second, then stood to leave. The man that was mopping the floor walked up to us and asked Raney if we were related. Raney said no. The guy said, "Okay then. I should tell you that girl's face lit up when you walked in!" Raney laughed and thanked him for the information, and I knocked over a wet floor sign in my embarrassment. (For the record this is not the first time a creeper has told some guy I liked him! I'm so tired of cupid-creepers!) Creeper #1

Most of the shoot was pretty uneventful. We both got cold and headed back indoors. The plan was to do some shots near that coffee shop. The guy from before was still there, so I ended up giggling and walked off. We headed to the other end of the market. Raney took a seat, and I prepared to snap a few shots.

A stranger says to Raney, "Nice to see you again!" It was clear Raney hadn't seen the man before so the "again" was unwarranted. The guy rambled something about celebrity, walk, glass elevator. It was mostly gibberish. I fired a few shots while shaking with the giggles. Then I walked off. Creeper #2

We moved a few tables down, and I took a few more pictures. Finally stopping to tease Raney about Creeper #2. I then pointed out creepers never happen in even numbers, so I was pretty sure there would be at least one more encounter. Just as I said this I turned and made eye contact with a guy headed right for us.

This guy walked up to Raney and asked for an autograph. It totally makes sense because I am a pretty important photographer, so anyone I'm shooting must be famous. Raney laughed and signed the paper. Creeper #3

Trifecta complete!

All in all it was a good day. It was cold, but I got enough shots and stories to make my day.

Here's shots from the day:
candid camera

IMG_7110

1 comment:

Allison said...

Those are nice portraits. Especially the second one. Blogger finally stopped being a punk and allowed me to follow you. Things are now right in the world.