Wednesday, December 16, 2009

playing dress-up with a doctor

Well I had my dentist appointment the other day. Visits to any sort of doctor always manage to yield some sort of interesting story. It’s almost worth the co-pay. My dental hygienist is the overly attentive type. I like her though.

Well about five minutes into my teeth cleaning I rubbed my eyes. She started apologizing right away and asked if she got something in my eye. I explained that no she hadn’t - I just have dry eyes. Then I mentioned sort of matter-of-factly that I had had an eye abrasion a few weeks before that. (An eye abrasion is where bits of your eye peel off. It’s actually really painful.) I only brought it up to tell her that no my eyes were just bugging me, but it wasn’t her.

Well she freaked out and pulls out some goggles. They looked like welder's goggles. She insisted that I put them on. I tried to say I trusted her not to get anything in my eye, it was more than alright. She kept insisting saying she was worried the bright lights would hurt my eyes. I finally caved and put on the glasses just to stop her from making a fuss.

The rest of the cleaning passed pretty uneventfully. Then my dentist comes in and sort of laughs and says I have some nice glasses. He looks over to the hygienist and causally adds they look a lot like his wielding glasses. She tells him that they are without offering any sort of explanation. It’s at this point I remove the goggles and sit rather red-faced. I felt like a little kid caught playing dress-up with my friend’s parents’ clothes or something. This is how you go from being a creeper magnet to being the creeper.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love that! Did you explain to the dentist what happened!?

WindyBug said...

No, I figured there was no way to make the situation better. LOL.