Sunday, February 14, 2010

snowpocalypse!!!! omg

I have a new theory. I think cold weather keeps the crazy people indoors. Really you'd think only crazy people would be out in the cold, but as it stands I've went nearly all of 2010 with no creepers. I'm really happy about it, but I have nothing to blog about.

snowpocalypse!!!! omg


I was told that Friday all 50 states had snow on the ground. I scoffed at this and automatically assumed it was untrue. However, at my job I talk to people across the United States. I had field technicians in Texas, Florida, Georgia, and Missouri mention snow. If all those states have snow, I'll believe the rest do! Of course, Little Rock usually manages to avoid snow. Even if the rest of the state gets it, storm fronts tend to donut around Little Rock. I have no idea why. Might be elevation, the river, the heat from the city, but something either breaks up storms over Little Rock or decreases them.

...


Snowpocalypse 2010 moved through Little Rock undaunted. We actually didn't have snow in the forecast. There was a slight chance for a winter mix (ie sleet). I woke up at 3:45 AM intending to go shooting, and saw a good three inches of snow on the ground. I was a little bit bleary eyed and surprised to see my yard yet again covered in white. I went back to bed, because my day in the Ozarks was ruined. I got back up around 7 and not much else had happened. I figured the snow was nearly finished. Over the next few hours we were dumped with a lot more snow. It ended up being over six inches. Then we got a rainfall that really packed the snow in. As I type this there's still snow on the ground. Six days later, we still have snow!

12 step program


I couldn't miss the chance for some pictures, so I headed out in the snow for some shots. I got some at the State Capitol that I'm really proud of. I hope you guys like them.

...

No comments: