Saturday, February 20, 2010

old times sake

I should probably start off by saying I'm socially awkward. I make fun of creepers, but if I'm put in weird situations I say really, really inappropriate things. I can't help it. I'm just a twitchy person, I guess.

My great-aunt Pat passed away this week, so last night I went to the visitation. I guess most of you know how those go. You see a lot of relatives that look vaguely familiar from your childhood, but you have no idea who they are.

So this older lady corners me and makes the usual statement, "I haven't seen you since you were a baby! You are all grown up!" I just agreed that I am now grown up. Then she adds, "The last time I saw you, you threw up all over me." I stood there not knowing what to say. To fill the space she adds, "And I mean ALL over me." I finally said, "Well, I could probably do that again for you. You know for old times sake?" and took off!

3 comments:

Allison said...

Buhahahaha.

I think that was a good reaction.

What are you suposed to say? Those were some good times?

Silliness

Anonymous said...

LOL Sounds like something you would say...but really, what were you suppose to say?

*Maybe* Baby ♥ Mama said...

Our journey has begun!… secretly though

If I’ve left you this message, you’re a follower of my original blog ~OR~ just someone I’ve happened upon while sending out these invites and that I would LOVE for to come along for the ride! Though I won’t be revealing who I am just yet – until we’re TO and THROUGH the first trimester! Just getting the word out about our new site – further explanation of all the secrecy and what we’re about on my first post. I’d love for you to stop by.

Exciting things going on around here!

www.definitelymaybebaby.com

~ the {secret} *Maybe* Baby Mama